Crystals

I absolutely love crystals and so do my kids which works out well because I’ve been collecting them since I was very young so any chance I get to incorporate them into a lesson makes us all happy! 


Lacey has started her preschool home education this year and as such we are doing letter discovery with her although where possible I try to combine a lesson to include fun that both Lacey and Audrey can join in together. For the letter C we have have a major project which I will post as soon as it’s finished. Sometimes, as our children as quite young, a major project will span across days or weeks and that okay because we take our time and enjoy it. Our other big fun project for C of course had to be crystals! 💎

What a wonderful reason to set up an invitation to investigate crystals. 

So many different colours, textures, patterns..beautiful!





I chose a craft to pair with this activity that can be used in their pretend play.  🧚‍♀️Crystal wands! 🧚‍♀️
We went for a family walk to a nearby park and collecting a bundle of sticks on the way. When they were ready to start this craft the first thing they did was sand their sticks to leave a smooth finish. 


Then they selected a crystal point each to harness their magic. The materials you’d like to use is really up
to you but I dug through what we had in our hobby/craft gear and we used glass beads, ribbon, craft wire and hemp cord to put them together. 


Anywhere I can, I love to incorporate a book so to accompany this investigation and craft, I chose A Rock is Lively by Dianna Hutts Aston. 


-M 🌏✌️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY finger labyrinth

Flying bird papercraft

DIY Willow bird nest