Herbed Turmeric crackers

I do love entertaining and when I do, I bake and cook as much as I can manage to fit in. 

Recently I wanted to make some crackers to go on a platter with hummus. I tried an entirely different kind of cracker recipe I found and I didn’t like it so I started from scratch again and this time winged it in a different direction. The result was delicious so I remade them today and wrote my measurements out so I could share it with others. I made these ones with organic plain flour but I will be trying other flours in the future. They are vegan, quick and easy to make. 
You could even use cutters to create fancy shaped crackers. 😊



Herbed Turmeric Crackers
2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
2 tsp coconut oil 
3/4 cup water

  • Preheat oven to 160°c
  • Combine flour, salt, basil, thyme and turmeric in a bowl.
  • Add coconut oil then water a little bit at a time to achieve your desired consistency (not too sticky).
  • Knead on a floured surface and roll thin.
  • Cut into even strips and then cut into even rectangles or shapes you’d prefer. 
  • Place on a lined tray and bake for around 30minutes until hard and beginning to go golden. Let cool






I hope you enjoy and if you make them, please tag me so I can see! 

-M 🌏✌️✨



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY finger labyrinth

Flying bird papercraft

DIY Willow bird nest